Create concept 3d maquette of fantastical creature!
In this tutorial, we’ll create a creature bust in ZBrush starting from a simple sphere and gradually progressing to a foundation with attention to strong silhouette and form contrast. This creature later could be used as a concept maquette or for the purposes of illustration. We will cover not only the technical aspects, tools and techniques in Zbrush, but also many design principles and advises than can be applied in any medium.
* Working with silhouette in mind and basic design principles.
* Control over form transition – soft, sharp and overlap.
* Achieving natural looking forms.
* Adding variety by using the principles of contrast.
* Becoming comfortable with free hand detailing.
* Shortcuts in the detailing process.
* 2 video tutorials with English voice over and subtitles ( 30min, 1280x720px).
* 1 time-lapse video of the entire sculpting session (90min,1280x720px).
* 3 of my custom brushes as a bonus.
* E-mail help.
Ask me a question- > firstname.lastname@example.org or follow me onfacebook.
2D/3D character designer and sculptor.
Martin is artist specializing in character and creature creations. Started his career working for advertising studios, than made the transition into the game industry where he worked as a 3d character artists and later as a technical art director. His most recent endeavors are on a freelance basis, working on various projects ranging from TV series, illustration, toy design (Blizzard, Hasbro), concept art (VR projects) and game art( “Firefall”, “Wildstar”). Martin is founder of Cgzen and devotes lots of energy to teaching. personal portfolio